Our Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. WHEN YOU MAKE A RESERVATION YOU ARE ENTERING INTO A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT, THE TERMS OF WHICH ARE SET OUT IN THESE CONDITIONS BELOW.
WE REQUIRE THAT OUR GUESTS READ THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS WHICH SHOULD BE READ IN CONJUNCTION WITH AND FORM PART OF THE BOOKING CONDITIONS.
"Owner" means, owner of the property being rented;
"Applicant" means clients applying to rent property;
"Tenants" means Applicants that have taken up residence in a property;
"Booking Form" means the booking form specified by the Owner to be used by all Applicants.
“Property” means No 2 The Bar.
2. Duration and Times of Lettings
The Applicant can occupy No 2 The Bar property from 1600 hours on the first day of the reservation, and the Applicant must ensure that he and any third parties who have been in occupation of a property as a result of a reservation leave the property by no later than 1000 hours on the date of departure as indicated on the Booking Form.
3. Reservation Procedure
Applicants can provisionally reserve the property over the telephone with the Owner but no contract shall exist between the Applicant and the Owner until the Owner has received the official Booking Form and the relevant payment in accordance with and subject to the provisions of Condition 4 at which time the reservation will be confirmed subject to the Booking Form having been submitted with all required information to the satisfaction of the Owner. The Applicant is required to supply the Owner with a list of all guests who will be staying at the property during the reservation period, this list is required one week prior to the commencement date.
• Weekly bookings run from Friday to Friday from 4.00 pm on the day of arrival until 10.00 am on the day of departure.
• Short breaks are usually available upon request during low season.
• All prices are in Pounds GB and are fully inclusive of electricity, full central heating, bed linen and towels. We provide one bath sheet and one hand towel per person.
• Please contact us before booking to discuss your requirements if one or more members of your party have a disability.
• No smoking is permitted inside the property or within the grounds of the property.
4. Payment Procedure
For reservations made more than 12 weeks prior to the commencement date a non-refundable deposit of 20% of the total amount due must be sent with the completed Booking Form.
If a reservation is made less than 12 weeks before the commencement date the total amount due together with any additional charges must be tendered at the time of submission of the Booking Form. In the event that the Owner does not accept an Applicant's reservation all moneys paid will be refunded immediately.
The balance of the full amount due in respect of the reservation and any additional charges are due 12 weeks before the commencement date. The Cautionary Deposit of £500 (see Condition 8) is due FOUR WEEKS prior to the commencement date.
Non payment of any sum by the due date will be deemed to be a cancellation and the Owner may re-advertise the property for reservations without prior notice to the Applicant.
The Applicant shall remain liable for payment of the full amount due in respect of the reservation in accordance with the provisions of Condition 4.
Payments under these Conditions may be made by cheque (not post dated), internet banking, BACS or credit card. All payments should be made to Sir Michael Rawlins.
Any charges raised against the Owner or the above named by their bank for handling dishonoured cheques or direct debit payments shall remain a liability of the Applicant and payment of any such charges will be paid onto the Applicant.
ALL GUESTS ARE ADVISED TO TAKE OUT PERSONAL HOLIDAY CANCELLATION INSURANCE.
Any request to cancel a booking must be made in writing to the Owner at least 30 days prior to the booking date.
The Applicant shall remain liable for the all payments due in respect of the reservation whether or not they have been paid at the time of cancellation.
The Owner will offer the property for reservation and will use his reasonable endeavours to obtain an alternative reservation for the property in respect of the cancellation period.
If the Owner is successful the Applicant will be refunded the difference between moneys they have paid less the sums receivable from the re-letting after deduction of all costs and/or expenses incurred by the Owner, which shall include the non-refundable deposit paid for reservations made more than 12 weeks prior to the commencement date (unless total amount was paid in full on booking) and an administration fee of £25 in respect of each day that the property was reserved by the Applicant.
The Owner reserves the right to amend the price quoted in the brochure/website or rates sheet due to errors or omissions or changes in the VAT rate. In such circumstances the Owner will contact the Applicant as soon as the Owner becomes aware of an increase in charges.
If the Applicant does not wish to pay the increase the Applicant shall be entitled to cancel the reservation and receive a full refund for all monies paid in respect of the reservation providing notice of cancellation is given in accordance with the provisions of Condition 4 and within 7 days from the Applicant receiving notice of the amendment to the price to be charged from the Owner.
Once a reservation has been confirmed in accordance with the provisions of Condition 3, should the Applicant require amendment to any of the information provided on the Booking Form a fee of £50 shall be charged to the Applicant.
7. Applicant's Obligations
The Applicant agrees:
1. to pay for any losses or damages to the property or its fixtures, fittings or decor, howsoever caused (reasonable wear and tear excluded);
2. to take good care of the property and leave it in a tidy and clean condition at the end of the tenancy, if not a good housekeeping fee will be taken from the cautionary deposit to cover any and all additional housekeeping costs;
3. not to smoke at the property (or on any part of the property grounds);
4. not to cook anywhere on the property otherwise than in designated kitchen areas;
5. not to bring any pets to the property unless previously agreed in writing with the Owner;
6. to be considerate of neighbouring properties with regard to noise and disruptive behaviour - sound systems and PA systems are banned from the properties;
7. to vacate the property on the reservation departure day by 1000 hours to allow access to housekeeping staff.
8. Cautionary Deposit
1. A refundable damage & good house keeping deposit of £500 (referred to as a 'Cautionary Deposit') is payable in accordance with the provisions of Condition 4;
2. In the event that the Applicant or anyone staying at the property during the Applicant's reservation period causes damage, or incurs a need for professional cleaning services or leaves the property without settling invoices for additional services or supplies received during the Applicant's reservation period the guest will be notified in writing of the details of any extra costs incurred within 10 working days after the end of the reservation period and this amount shall be deducted from the Cautionary Deposit;
3. The Owner reserves the right to increase the cautionary deposit to £1000, notifying the Applicant beforehand, in such instances as Stag / Hen / or if the majority of the individuals residing in the property during the period of the Applicant's reservation are under 30 years old;
4. The Owner reserves the right to make a charge to the Applicant's credit card for up to 30 days from the end of the period of reservation in respect of any charges made as a result of the provisions of this Condition. If the property is left in a satisfactory condition and all invoices have been paid, no charge will be made;
5. The Cautionary Deposit will be repaid within 10 working days after the end of the reservation period or (where a deduction is to be made from the Cautionary Deposit by virtue of the provisions of this Condition, then such proportion as made be due to be repaid to the Applicant shall be repaid within 90 days from the end of the reservation period;
9. Authority to Sign / Miscellaneous
The Applicant acknowledges that he/she/they are authorised to sign the Booking Form on behalf of all persons who will occupy the property throughout the duration of the reservation and that those persons are aware of the terms of these conditions.
The Applicant shall be a member of the party occupying the property and hereby agrees to the following:
1. If the majority of the individuals residing in the property during the period of the Applicant's reservation are under 25 years old the Agent must be notified in writing, and the Cautionary Deposit will be increased to reflect this;
2. There is no charge for extra children under the age of 2 although this is restricted to a maximum of two unless arranged directly with the Owner;
3. The property details state the maximum number of persons permitted to occupy the property and grounds at any time;
4. Any additional people found to occupy the property that has not been notified to the agent will be charged a rate per night of £100 per person for the booking duration. This will be taken from the cautionary deposit.
Any breach of these provisions will constitute a breach of contract, the Owner may terminate the reservation forthwith in which event all moneys paid by the Applicant will be forfeited and the Applicant and any third party residing in the property during the period of the Applicant's reservation may be required to vacate the property with immediate effect.
The Owner reserves the right to take possession of the property at any time where damage or nuisance has been caused by the Applicant or any third party residing in the property during the period of the Applicant's reservation. In such an event neither the Owner nor the Agent shall be liable to make any refund of any monies paid by the Applicant whatsoever.
10. Restricted Mobility Applicants
Where the access to, layout or other physical feature of a property may be reasonably foreseen to cause individuals with restricted mobility difficulties the Owner has endeavoured to ensure that the information provided in respect of the property has made this clear.
Applicant's are required to inform the Owner in writing on submission of the Booking Form of the requirements of any third party due to be residing at the property during the Applicant's period of reservation with regard to any restricted mobility issues that may exist.
Please note that the Owner does not accept any responsibility for the provision of equipment or any form of care required by any person due to any form of disability or restricted mobility regardless of the cause.
11. The Reservation
The reservation confers upon the Applicant the right to occupy the property for a holiday within the meaning of Section 9 of the Rent Act 1977.
12. Non-Availability of Property
If for any reason the property is not available on the date booked, or the property is unfit for purpose, the Owner cannot accept any responsibility or pay any form of compensation where the circumstances causing the non-availability of the property amount to "force majeure".
Circumstances that will be deemed to amount to "force majeure" include destruction or damage to the property as a result of fire; flood; explosion; storm or other weather damage; break-in or other criminal damage or any other occurrence beyond the reasonable control of the Owner.
In all other circumstances resulting in non-availability of the property all monies paid in advance by the Applicant will be refunded in full but the Applicant shall have no further claim against either the Agents or the Owner.
13. Non-Availability of Services, Amenities or Equipment
If for any reason the services, amenities or equipment of the property are disrupted or in any way cease to be available as the result of fire, flood, explosion, storm or weather damage, break-in or other criminal damage, unfit for purpose or any other occurrence beyond the control of the Agent or the Owner then the Owner will notify the Applicant as soon as possible. Neither the Agent nor the Owner can accept any responsibility or pay any form of compensation where the circumstances causing the non-availability or services, amenities or equipment are beyond reasonable control.
This Condition 14 sets out the entire financial liability of the Agent and the Owner (including any liability for the acts or omissions of its employees, agents, consultants and subcontractors) to the Applicant in respect of any breach of this agreement; any use made by the Applicant or any third party residing or making use of the property during the Applicant's period of reservation and any representation, statement or tortious act or omission (including negligence) arising under or in connection with this agreement.
All warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from this agreement. Nothing in this agreement limits or excludes the liability of the Agent or Owner for death or personal injury resulting from negligence or for any damage or liability incurred by the Applicant as a result of fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by the Agent or Owner.
Neither the Agent or Owner shall be liable for loss of profits; loss of business; loss of anticipated savings; loss of personal property or possessions; loss of use of the property or any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses in respect of the reservation.
The Agent and / or the Owner's total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of the conditions of this agreement shall be limited to the monies paid in respect of the Applicant's reservation under the conditions of this Agreement.
Any vehicle(s) of the Applicant or any third party making use of the property during the period of the Applicant's reservation is left at the property entirely at the risk of the owner of the vehicle.
In the event of discrepancy between these conditions and any other document, these conditions shall prevail.
PRIVACY & SECURITY
Sir Michael Rawlins & Lucy Rawlins will ensure that personal data is only used for the legitimate interests of No 2 The Bar Lettings and does not unduly prejudice the rights and freedoms of the individual in question. Sir Michael Rawlins and Lucy Rawlins will ensure that personal data will be processed fairly and lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Sir Michael Rawlins & Lucy Rawlins will ensure that they will not process "sensitive" personal data without prior consent from the individual. Access will be granted to computerised personal data in the form of onscreen and computerised printout, and to manual personal data, at its discretion. Sir Michael Rawlins & Lucy Rawlins will ensure that information processed is accurate, relevant, current, up to date and not excessive.
Please be forewarned that it is possible to catch computer viruses by accessing web pages and by downloading and running infected programs. Whilst Sir Michael Rawlins & Lucy Rawlins have taken steps to ensure that the pages on this website are free from infection, such is the nature of the internet that no assurance can be given that the pages of this website are indeed free from infection. It is a condition of us allowing you free access Sir Michael Rawlins & Lucy Rawlins will not be held liable for any loss or damage suffered by any person accessing this website or any third party resulting directly from the transmission of a computer virus resulting from the accessing of this website.
Please note that the information available on this website may be incomplete, out of date or incorrect. It is therefore essential that you verify all such information with us before taking any action in reliance upon it. It is a condition of us allowing you free access to the material on this website that you accept that we will not be liable for any action you take in reliance on the information on this website.
The contents of the pages in this website are copyright Sir Michael Rawlins & Lucy Rawlins. The copying or incorporation into any other work or part or all of the material available on this website in any form is prohibited save that you may; download extracts of the material on the site for your personal use; or; copy the material on the site for the purpose of sending to individual third parties for their personal information provided that you acknowledge us as the source of the material and that you inform the third party that these conditions apply to them and that they must also comply with them.